Frequently Asked Questions
What cities does BostonCoach serve?
BostonCoach, along with its global network of quality chauffeured transportation partners, serves business travelers in thousands of cities in 500 metropolitan areas in 40 countries.
What are flat rates?
BostonCoach offers thousands of flat rates — service to and from selected destinations that is available at a set price rather than billed at the hourly rate. The routes covered by flat rates include those most frequently taken by travelers, such as to and from most major cities and airports. These rates are sometimes referred to as fixed or point-to-point rates.
What is time-based billing?
Time-based billing is used for rides to which a flat rate does not apply. You will be billed for the time the vehicle and chauffeur are available to you. Time-based rates are sometimes referred to as hourly or dedicated rates, and are billed in 30-minute increments. These rides are also subject to a positioning charge (see below).
What is the base fare?
The base fare refers to the cost of the ride before any discounts or additional charges, such as tolls, parking, etc., are applied.
What is a positioning charge?
The positioning charge refers to the cost incurred for the vehicle and chauffeur to travel to your pickup location and return from your drop-off point.
- Most time-based rides are subject to a fixed positioning charge, which is based on vehicle type and billed at 1.5 times the hourly rate.
- For time-based routes outside major metropolitan areas or between regions (e.g., Boston to New York City), there is a time-based positioning charge, which is based on actual travel time and billed at the hourly rate.
What is meant by waiting time?
Waiting time, which does not apply to airport pickups, is defined as the length of time that elapses between a scheduled pickup and a passenger getting into the reserved vehicle. All flat-rate trips have a five-minute grace period, after which a charge of $8.25 is applied for every five minutes a chauffeur is waiting.
What are stop charges?
Stop charges, which apply only to flat-rate rides, are billed one of two ways:
- Passenger-requested stops that are on route are charged at $8.25 per five-minute increment.
- Passenger-requested stops that require significant deviation from the route are charged the applicable hourly rate for the complete ride.
How are tolls handled?
We charge for any toll costs incurred between the pickup and drop-off destinations, as well as for tolls during the chauffeur’s return trip.
Why are parking charges included on my invoice?
At selected airports and certain other locations, chauffeurs are required to pay for parking while waiting at a pickup location or during a stop.
What is an administrative fee?
The administrative fee represents a very small fraction of numerous operating expenses and regulatory levies imposed by municipal, state and federal governments, agencies and commissions, including airport, regulatory, licensing and other fees.
What is an operating costs surcharge?
A surcharge, consisting of a fixed rate or percentage rate charge, shall be added to the base rates to reimburse BostonCoach for BostonCoach’s operating costs, other than tolls, parking and airport fees which are separately charged. The operating costs surcharge shall be calculated based upon BostonCoach’s applicable non-discounted published rates of service.
BostonCoach reserves the right to modify its operating costs surcharge structure based on any increases in fuel and insurance costs, regulatory assessments and other operating expenses upon reasonable written notice to the Customer.
What additional fees may apply?
Additional fees are miscellaneous charges such as meals and beverages for large groups.
Why am I charged for taxes?
Sales tax is applied in some states, such as New York, New Jersey and Georgia, as well as in selected cities and most international destinations.
How can I get a receipt?
You can access receipts in several ways:
- BostonCoach will automatically email you a receipt for each ride as soon as it is available. If you prefer not to get a receipt for every ride, simply log in and change that communications preference in your profile.
- To access a receipt without logging in, simply click the Get Receipt button on the BostonCoach.com home page and enter the reservation number and passenger's last name. This functionality is also available under Customer Service, located in the top navigation menu of any page on the site.
- Receipts are also available, one at a time or in bulk, from your Control Center for up to a year.
How do I return to the home page on BostonCoach.com?
Click on the BostonCoach logo in the upper left corner.